Doorway Recovery Program Admissions
Social Services Manager
713-921-7520 Ext. 203
Admissions to Doorway Recovery Program
Admissions Process – This is a 6-9 month residential program for men only
- Phone calls are REQUIRED before coming to the Mission (832-962-4249). No one is accepted over the phone. In person interviews are required of everyone.
- Interview with a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor
- Arrival time between 7:30 AM – 11 AM Monday & Tuesday only
- No Admissions at other days and times.
- The Mission provides clothing and hygiene products. Client is to bring his only medications for a minimum of 30 days.
- Male at least 18 years of age
- History of substance abuse
- Passing the intake assessment interview upon arrival
- Desire, willingness and attitude conducive to change
- Tobacco-free, this is a non-smoking campus.No smoking paraphernalia of any kind including matches or lighters.
- Ability to prove identity with a valid photo ID.
- Physically able to do on campus job assignments
- Minimum 30 day supply of ODM acceptable prescribed medications
- Requirements are subject to change at any time
- Active (untreated) communicable disease
Unable to perform self-care
Active felony warrants
High-risk psychiatric medications, and opioid maintenance
Serious untreated psychiatric diagnosis
Severe cognitive deficits/dementia
Recent evidence of uncontrolled violent behavior
Registered sex offender
Individuals previously restricted by Open Door Mission